Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm – PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS, Ennis, Ellis County
When someone consciously chooses to violate the law, however unimportant it may appear to them, it can end up harming another innocent person. Whether it’s a reckless driver or owner of a violent dog or a manufacturer of defective products, we will stand by our clients until the culprits are brought in front of justice.
Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, Ellis County, founded in 1948, is proficient in dealing with such personal injury cases, and was involved in providing legal advice to clients from Ennis as well as from other parts of Texas.
If you are suffering the effects of a personal injury and want to file claims on the guilty parties, then contact our personal injury attorneys in Ennis immediately. Every case has a Statute of Limitations set by the State of Texas, which makes it vital that you file a lawsuit within the decreed time or you risk losing your rightful compensation and the legality of your claim.
Therefore, contact us without pondering over the possibilities and wasting much time so we can continue with your case and legal rights. Our services are offered on a contingent fee basis. You pay only if you win the claim and recover the damages.
Ennis Auto Accident Attorneys, Ellis County, Texas
Every motor vehicle driver has an obligation to ensure safety on the road and it is their duty to obey the traffic laws. However, this obligation is sidestepped sometimes, and the ensuing actions lead to ravaging consequences.
WHY HIRE OUR AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Clay Jenkins & Associates provides expert car accident attorneys in Ennis, to handle auto accident cases. Our huge experience with car accident cases and the knowledge in priorities succeeding car accidents will help you in the legal matters following a car accident and guide you through the processes if you have a workable case to file.
Our auto accident attorneys will co-ordinate with the insurance companies and medical providers to assemble all documents and evidences that are necessary to go forward with your case. Your approval is given extreme consideration by our legal team.
HANDLING INSURANCE COMPANIES AFTER AN ACCIDENT
It is crucial to know your own rights to prevent exploitation by an insurance company. Since the insurance companies usually tries to cut down the settlement to the bare minimum or give nothing at all, being educated about your own rights from a learned car accident lawyer will help you choose the correct path to move ahead.
LIABILITY OF CARE IN AUTO ACCIDENTS
A complainant putting forward a violation of the duty of care should demonstrate that the defendant’s actions, or their lack thereof, haven’t met the expected level of rational care under the circumstances. It is every motor vehicle driver’s obligation to operate their vehicle with sensibility and care, taking into account factors like weather, visibility and traffic conditions, at all times.
DETERMINING LIABILITY IN AUTO ACCIDENTS
After establishing the obligation of care, the plaintiff’s next move would be to prove how exactly the defendant’s actions, or deficiency of them, violated that obligation. The liability can be proved through:
- Evidence of violation of traffic law by defendant
- Eyewitness testimonies at the scene of the accident
- Testimony of the plaintiff
- Evidence examination at the scene of accident
The final step attempts to prove how the action of the defendant, or lack of them, caused harm to the plaintiff. This can be generally done through medical reports and records, along with evidences that point to the unfitness of the complainant to continue earning, physical and mental pain, anguish and suffering, as well as other damages that are results of the event.
TRUCK ACCIDENTS ATTORNEY, Ennis, ELLIS COUNTY
For any trucking accident that has happened to you or a loved one in the state of Texas, you can approach Clay Jenkins & Associates, truck accident attorneys to help you recover compensation for your damages and injuries. The process of collecting compensations due from a trucking accident is a complicated procedure, but our attorneys are well versed and experienced in the related legal matters and can help you move through the claims without bothers.
There are innumerable causes for trucking accidents in Ennis, like poor driving skills, lack visibility and unfavorable road conditions, faulty working parts on the vehicle, violation of traffic laws etc. A big number of the trucking accidents lead to the victim being lethally injured, or left with grievous wounds and traumas like spinal cord injury, serious head and brain injuries, dismemberment, bone fractures, paralysis etc.
HOW OUR TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS CAN HELP YOU?
Generally during a truck accident, the trucking company and their insurance company might conduct an investigation to realize their position, and may try to cut down the recovery of those injured in the accident. On the other hand, investigators of the State of Texas may also start an investigation, which would be assisted by the truck accident attorneys from Clay Jenkins & Associates, Ennis.
Our attorneys and paralegals will:
- Review camera or video footage (if available)
- Examine the truck accident report
- Interview medical staff and other witnesses on the extent of the injuries and damages
- Interview witnesses at the scene of the accident
- Examine relevant medical records
- Consult with various experts to reconstruct the accident scene and establish damages.
Parties who are likely to be held accountable for the injuries and damages in a trucking accident include:
- Truck driver
- Company leasing the truck
- Manufacturer of the truck, trailer, or various components.
- Truck driver’s employer
- Company leasing the trailer
- Owner of the truck
- Owner of the trailer
To establish the damages suffered, our attorneys in Ennis will investigate on the following factors:
- Maintenance records and inspection records
- The party which had control of the truck
- Past violations of Texas state and federal trucking laws
- Driving logs and driving records
- Past criminal convictions.
- The amount of control the trucking company had over the driver
- The driving history of the truck and trailer
- Violations of federal and Texas state laws regarding driving regulations
Your auto accident lawyer in Ennis may file a lawsuit after looking up the insurance negotiations to get the rightful compensation for the balance of your losses. Moreover, if you lose a person in the trucking accident, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the defendant.
DAMAGES RECOVERED IN TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWSUITS
Compensations from truck accident lawsuits are normally classified into two: economic damages and non-economic damages. Relying upon the magnitude of damages and the conditions encompassing the lawsuit, punitive damages can also be claimed.
There are different types of damages that can be recovered from trucking accidents:
- Past or Current Medical Expenses: This involves the expenses incurred for hospital visits, medical appointments and care, supportive devices and assistance with approved medical professionals.
- Medical Expenses Incurred in Future: This includes the expenses needed for medical attention following the accident. In some cases, the injuries suffered are severe and may require prolonged medical care.
- Lost Wages: Extensive injuries suffered may disable a person’s profession or their ability to work permanently or temporarily. In such cases, the victim is legally presented with due compensation for their wages from the moment of the injury to the termination of the litigation.
- Earning Capacity Loss: If the victim’s inability to earn a living following the accident is established, then the person can be awarded compensation. In this case, aside from considering the victim’s past wages, the amount of money which the victim would have obtained had the car accident not taken place is also established.
- Suffering and Physical Pain: Damages for the physical injuries suffered during the crash. The degree of injuries, its nature, severity of pain and the time span the victim would have to suffer their injuries are all factored into calculating the indemnity.
- Mental Angst: Compensation can also be given for the emotional and mental pain incurred during the truck accident. Damages for worry, grief, nervousness, humiliation, fright and other mental distresses are sought as recoveries.
- Consortium Loss: A successful truck accident lawsuit can award an uninjured spouse compensation for nuptial benefits loss, which includes loss of comfort, sexual relations and affections.
In instances where the actions of the defendant are deemed to be malicious, deliberate or willful in causing injury to the plaintiff, the victim may be apt to receive enough fine.
If a truck accident has injured you or if a loved one has been involved in such accidents, either in Ennis or anywhere in Texas that has led to personal losses and injury, do not pause to contact us before the time limit runs out. Our truck accident attorneys will discuss with you free of charge and assist you through your legal rights, and make sure you get your due damages.
WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEYS, Ennis, ELLIS COUNTY
A wrongful death claim comes up from the death of a person that was resulted from the careless actions of another. In this type of lawsuit, unlike others, it is not the victim that raises the claim but a family member or beloved of the deceased.
Thus, a wrongful death lawsuit attempts to recover damages for the harms endured by the living family or descendants due to the loss of a beloved. The wrongful death attorneys of Clay Jenkins & Associates, in Ennis, emphasizes on trimming the financial stress that the surviving members of the departed would be enduring.
Our wrongful death attorneys and personal injury attorneys have been highly victorious in acting for families in Ennis, Ellis County and all over the state of Texas, so if you or a beloved is experiencing the tragedy of losing someone to a wrongful death, please call our personal injury lawyers without delay.
BRAIN INJURIES ATTORNEYS, Ennis, ELLIS COUNTY
Brain and head injuries are common everywhere. Largely traumatic brain injuries occur due to auto wrecks, roof collapse during rollovers, ejection from a vehicle at high speeds, objects falling and striking the person, banging the head on the floor or in the interior of vehicles during collision, motorcycle accidents even while wearing a helmet, violent explosions, falls and during many other industrial and residential situations.
One major symptom that shows whether a blow to the head has affected the brain is loss of consciousness. It can impact the victim’s brain either temporarily or permanently inducing a complicated state of memory loss, headaches, disorientation and confusion etc.
Traumatic brain injuries can be perplexed, often remaining incurable, leaving the victim in a incapacitated state. Continuous aid and oversight will be called for if the brain injury affects the victim’s physical and mental functioning. It would be next to impossible for a person with a serious head or brain injury to go back to their old lifestyles due to the permanent and lasting ailments.
Brain injury lawyers of Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, Ennis, have successfully covered many TBI cases and have been able to retrieve adequate compensation for our clients. We have helped many traumatic brain injury survivors to gain long-term care to recoup and pursue their lives.
Don’t delay in approaching us if you have a brain injury lawsuit to pursue at Ennis. Attorneys at Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm have vast experience in managing complex cases of brain and head injuries, and will help you overcome any complicated case with successful results.
We will be glad to discuss with you your rights relating to brain and head injury cases free of charge.
INDUSTRIAL & CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS, Ennis, ELLIS COUNTY
Statistical reports say that more than a thousand people are wounded at construction sites and industrial workplaces. Industrial accidents can occur on account of poor training, below average working standards, faulty equipment etc.
In a workplace, the general contractor and subcontractor are responsible for any injuries that occur to a worker owing to lack of safety and protection. Additionally, equipment manufacturers can also be held responsible for faulty designs and machinery failures.
If you are a victim of working time injury, you can claim compensation for the harms you endured. Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, Ennis, Ellis County, will help you clear any doubts you may have concerning your personal injury case and assist you in filing a lawsuit against those responsible.
Our personal injury attorneys have been covering such cases for a long time, and they have the resources to help you fight for your rightful financial benefits. Our personal injury lawyers in Ennis will help you obtain damages for medical expenses, loss of paychecks, recovery costs etc.
PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEYS, Ennis, ELLIS COUNTY
Our team of committed product liability lawyers at Clay Jenkins & Associates Ennis, are glad to help you anytime to get delegacy and recompense in product liability cases.
At the time of fabrication, a product has a chance to manifest defects. It can be the components’ manufacturer, assembling manufacturer or wholesale dealer or retail owner answerable for this defect. Whosoever that may be, our personal injury attorneys are invariably quick to help you through the right way to retrieve damages and hold the right people responsible for your misery.
Over the years, Product liability attorneys from Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, Ennis have represented many consumers who were seriously injured using faulty products.
Common product liability cases involve:
- Household and workplace products
- Farm equipment and machinery
- Failure of seatbelts
- Sports vehicles
- Explosions from gas tank
- Perilous automobile design
- Chemical substances like asbestos
- Products used for aviation
- Explosive products
- Furniture and children’s toys caused injuries.
- Rollover of vehicles
Ennis PREMISES LIABILITY ATTORNEYS, ELLIS COUNTY
Premises liability cases are registered when a person is wounded in places like markets, construction sites, streets or even at homes owing to the neglectfulness of some other. Even though a person injured on another person’s property can file a lawsuit against the landowner, the complainant would need an expert personal injury attorney to cover the case expertly as the proceedings are quite taxing for the victim as well.
At Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, Ennis, Ellis County, certified personal injury lawyers with years of expertness in premises liability cases are present. They can furnish you with legal advice and educate you of your rights and demonstrate the case to receive proper damages.
Generally, a property owner can be charged of negligence only if the complainant can demonstrate the following:
- The surroundings of the premises made an unreasonable risk
- The landowner had knowledge of the danger
- Failure of the landowner to employ safety procedures to protect the victim or failing to warn the victim prior to danger or failing to apply protective measures to prevent risk to the victim.
For any premises liability case, it is imperative to have a personal injury lawyer who is conversant with such situations and can properly evaluate the lawsuit to receive enough compensation. If you or a loved one has been a victim of premises liability case, then contact our personal injury attorneys at 972-938-1234 or complete our form online to discuss your case for free.
DOG BITES ATTORNEYS, Ennis, ELLIS COUNTY
Animals, even though domesticated, can be unpredictable, and even in situations where an animal might seem meek you might find yourself cornered into a dangerous attack. Safeguard yourself and your loved ones from vicious animal attacks, such as dog bites, through our legal help.
A pet dog may seem endearing and cute, but some circumstances may act out grievous for you and you might be at the receiving end. At Clay Jenkins & Associates Attorney at Law, Ennis, we take it as our duty to protect our clients from unanticipated animal bites.
Our dog bite injury attorneys in Ennis can help victims negotiate conditions with the animal owner’s litigation or insurance company. Damages can be looked for the below situations:
- Thoughtless demeanor of the dog owner
- disregarding leash laws inside a city that implements leash laws
- Purposeful conduct of the dog owner
- Inordinate and unwarranted force by a police officer using a police dog
- Irresponsibility of a pet-sitting establishment in providing decent care to a dog
- Veterinary mismanagement
- Accountability of the landlord for the occupant’s animals