Clay Jenkins & Associates – PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS, MANSFIELD, TARRANT COUNTY
Clay Jenkins & Associates, Personal Injury Law Firm, established in 1948 in Ellis County, Texas, takes up personal injury cases in Mansfield as well as throughout Texas. Our services are provided to clients in Mansfield who wants to raise personal injury claims for the injuries and damages they have incurred due to the irresponsible action or inaction of others.
Every case that we take up at Clay Jenkins & Associates, Personal Injury Law Firm, is attended with outmost care by a team of legal experts. Each personal injury case is assigned two lawyers, a suitable support staff, in addition to a paralegal.
With more than six decades of experience and expertise in various cases and litigations, the personal injury attorneys at Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm has helped clients to recover tens of millions of dollars in net recoveries. Our attorneys are recognized to be among the top personal injury attorneys in Mansfield, as well as Texas.
At Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, Mansfield, Tarrant County, we consider it our duty to represent our clients who are wronged by the thoughtless acts of others, and we are dedicated in bringing them to justice. If you or a loved one has been a victim of personal injury case, then do not hesitate to approach our attorneys in Mansfield.
We would gladly sit with you and discuss your personal injury case for free.
Mansfield Auto Accidents Attorneys, Tarrant County
Cars across the country speed through the state highways by the thousands daily, and auto accidents are a frequent sight on these Texan roads. A victim of an auto accident has to undergo devastating losses and horrifying physical and mental trauma that can be life altering.
If an auto accident has caused you damages, we can help you with our personal injury services in Mansfield. No time should be lost in filing a personal injury lawsuit for damages incurred since there the Statute of Limitations states a time limit within which the claim against the responsible parties should be filed.
Our Mansfield auto accident attorneys are extremely skilled and can help you in every step of the way. If we agree to look into your personal injury case, then the work will be done based on contingent fees only. Fill up our form online or call us at 972-938-1234 and we will enlighten you on your rights.
Insurance Company Negotiations after Car Accidents
Every insurance company will seek to keep their side clean and safeguard their own interests. This is why you should bring in an experienced car accident attorney with you when dealing with insurance companies.
Moreover, insurance companies normally look to bag a minimum settlement. So, having your car accident attorney with you can help you learn your rights and negotiate successfully.
Laws Pertaining to Car Accidents in Texas
The concept of “negligence” is typically used by a car accident victim to prove the fault of the other person. To establish negligence, the following elements are seen to order:
- Defendant’s responsibility owed to plaintiff
- Violation of that responsibility
- Immediate cause of the damages incurred due to the defendant’s negligence
For establishing liability based on negligence, the plaintiff must provide evidence to the defendant’s action, stating that it was out of the ordinary and not something an ordinarily sage person would have done under the same circumstances.
Liability of Care in Auto Accidents
A plaintiff denoting a breach of care should show that the defendant’s actions, or their lack thereof, haven’t met the required level of rational care under the circumstances. It is every motor vehicle driver’s legal duty to operate their vehicle with sensibility and care, taking into account factors like weather, visibility and traffic conditions, at all times.
Determining Liability in Auto Accidents
After establishing the obligation of care, the plaintiff’s next move would be to prove how exactly the defendant’s actions, or lack of them, violated that care. The liability can be demonstrated through:
- Evidence of violation of traffic law by defendant
- Eyewitness testimonies at the scene of the accident
- Testimony of the plaintiff
- Evidence examination at the scene of accident
The final step seeks to prove how the action of the defendant, or lack of them, caused harm to the plaintiff. This can be generally done through medical reports and records, along with evidences that point to the inability of the plaintiff to continue earning, physical and mental pain, anguish and suffering, as well as other damages that are pertinent to the event.
Mansfield Truck Accidents Attorneys, Tarrant County
Tractor trailers, big trucks & rigs and other huge commercial heavy vehicles are involved in road accidents almost daily, and a majority of them leads to grievous injuries and devastating losses for individuals and families. An accident involving a heavy vehicle like a truck is highly catastrophic when compared to those involved in smaller, light motor vehicles.
There are numerous causes for trucking accidents in Mansfield, like poor driving skills, poor visibility and road conditions, defective working parts on the vehicle, flouting of traffic laws etc. A majority of trucking accidents results in the victim being fatally injured, or left with serious wounds and injuries like spinal cord injury, serious head and brain injuries, dismemberment, broken bones, paralysis etc.
How Our Truck Accident Attorneys Can Assist You?
If you, or someone close to you, have been a victim of trucking accident in Mansfield or anywhere else in Texas, you should seek the help of a truck accident attorney. Trying to gain compensation from the responsible parties can be a tiresome effort, often resulting in unwanted complications.
Our personal injury attorneys in Mansfield can aid you in navigating without undue stress through the strenuous processes of a lawsuit. There may be many responsible parties (or just one) for injuring a person during a trucking accident, like the truck owner, driver or employer, a company etc.
The liable parties may deny fault for the mishap, which is a common behavior. Our attorneys can, in such instances, help you with your legal rights and ensure you get proper compensation for damages suffered.
Generally, an investigation of the accident scene will be initiated by the trucking company’s insurance firm. They have a defined system of procedures through which they handle truck accident lawsuits, and this system is designed to limit the amount of recovery liable to the injured victims.
Their investigative processes may include gathering witness testimonials, visual evidences of the accident scene, examination of the vehicles and determining the extent of damage caused by the vehicle. Parallel to such investigations, our Mansfield truck accident attorneys will also enlist the services of experts to assist in the state’s official investigation.
Our legal team will review visual footage, interview witnesses, review and examine and evaluate the reports of the truck accident, as well as the medical reports, and interview the medical staff on the injuries, wounds and damages suffered by the victim. The team will also work with specialists to recreate the scene of the accident to determine the damages caused.
To establish liability, our truck accident attorneys in Mansfield will investigate the parties who own the truck, the driving records and log books, the truck’s and its driver’s driving history, inspection records, past traffic and law violations, criminal activities etc. In the event that the truck accident has caused the death of a loved one, the responsible parties can be charged with a wrongful death suit.
Truck accident attorney’s of Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, Mansfield, Tarrant County, are veterans in truck accident claims and can help you and your family to recover emotionally and economically from the damages and financial losses suffered. In certain cases, we can move to redeem punitive damages for the wrongful death of a loved one.
Damages Recovered In Truck Accident Lawsuits
Compensations from truck accident lawsuits are generally divided into two: economic damages and non-economic damages. Depending upon the extent of damages and the circumstances surrounding the lawsuit, punitive damages can also be claimed.
There are different types of damages that can be recovered for trucking accidents:
- Past or Current Medical Expenses: This involves the expenses incurred for hospital visits, medical appointments and care, supportive devices and assistance with approved medical professionals.
- Medical Expenses Incurred in Future: This includes the expenses needed for medical attention following the accident. In some cases, the injuries suffered are severe and may require prolonged medical care.
- Lost Wages: Extensive injuries suffered may disable a person’s profession or their ability to work permanently or temporarily. In such cases, the victim is legally presented with due compensation for their wages from the moment of the injury to the termination of the litigation.
- Earning Capacity Loss: If the victim’s inability to earn a living following the accident is established, then the person can be awarded compensation. In this case, aside from considering the victim’s past wages, the amount of money which the victim would have obtained had the car accident not taken place is also established.
- Suffering and Physical Pain: Damages for the physical injuries suffered during the crash. The degree of injuries, its nature, severity of pain and the time span the victim would have to suffer their injuries are all factored into calculating the indemnity.
- Mental Angst: Compensation can also be given for the emotional and mental pain incurred during the truck accident. Damages for worry, grief, nervousness, humiliation, fright and other mental distresses are sought as recoveries.
- Consortium Loss: A successful truck accident lawsuit can award an uninjured spouse compensation for nuptial benefits loss, which includes loss of comfort, sexual relations and affections.
- In instances where the actions of the defendant are deemed to be malicious, intentional or willful in causing injury to the plaintiff, the victim may be liable to receive adequate amercement.
If a truck accident has injured you or if a loved one has been involved in such accidents, either in Mansfield or anywhere in Texas that resulted in personal losses and injury, do not hesitate to contact us before the time limit runs out. Our truck accident attorneys will discuss with you free of charge and aid you through your legal rights, and make sure you get your due damages.
Mansfield Wrongful Death Attorneys, Tarrant County
There’s nothing as painful as losing someone near to you. When someone you love dies due to the wrongdoing or negligence of another person, the aftermath of the loss can be hard to comprehend.
The state of Texas provides legal assistance and justice to the survivors of those killed wrongfully. You can claim a wrongful death against the parties responsible for the act of wrongdoing, and recover damages in the form of financial security, and attain a sense of closure in the knowledge that those responsible have been brought to justice.
You can approach the wrongful death attorneys of Clay Jenkins & Associates, Tarrant County, whose services are available in Mansfield and the state of Texas. Our expert personal injury attorneys will help you with the necessary legalities, and focus on reducing your financial and emotional stress ensuring you get your damages due.
Our personal injury attorneys have had years of experience in representing families successfully in wrongful death lawsuits in Mansfield and various other cities in Texas. If you are dealing with a wrongful death misfortune, do not hesitate to call us.
Compensation Obtained for Wrongful Death
Texan law awards the victims of wrongful death to recover damages in different forms. According to the law, the plaintiff can recover compensation to the extent that the jury deems fair and justifiable in relation to the damages acquired from the individual’s death.
- Direct Expenses Incurred- The cost for medical attention and funeral expenses.
- Loss of Benefits- Compensation for the loss of benefits which the deceased would have received when alive.
- Loss of Wages- Compensation for the loss of financial earnings which the deceased would have obtained as salary had they lived.
- Loss of Camaraderie- Compensation to the survivors for the loss of intimacy which the deceased would have been able to provide, which includes the loss of emotional support. The damages also cover the mental anguish, suffering and pain resulting from the demise.
- Punitive Damages- The law charges the defendant with amercement as a punishment for their actions leading to the death of an individual.
Contact our wrongful death attorneys in Mansfield, Tarrant County, and learn about your rights and how to claim damages for your personal injury.
Mansfield Traumatic Brain Injuries Attorneys, Tarrant County
Traumatic Brain Injuries or TBI is caused by external force striking the head during a fall or accident or impact with any object. Majority of head injuries, if not taken care of, can result in injuring the brain, which can have permanent or lifelong repercussions.
The amount of victims affected by TBI has increased over the years. The CDC reports that around 2 million people suffer from TBI each year, and that one-third of all injury related deaths in the US is caused by TBI.
Auto accidents, accidents at construction sites, sudden falls or ejection from moving cars, falling objects on head etc. are some of the common ways through which a person suffers head injury. Sometimes, even a harmless fall or banging of your head can result in serious brain injuries.
A person suffering from head injury will be prone to lose of consciousness, confusion, memory loss, headaches, paralysis and disorientation. Such symptoms may signify that the brain may have been injured, and the person must be subjected to medical observation immediately.
Traumatic brain injuries can have devastating effect, often crippling the victim to a powerless state. The injury can leave lasting effects rendering the victim physically and mentally weak, unable to return to their previous lifestyle and requiring permanent assistance.
Often such injuries are the result of negligent action or inaction of others, sometimes causing fatal wounds. Such cases should be filed with a personal injury lawsuit and the people responsible should be brought to justice.
At Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, in Mansfield, Tarrant County, we have specialized brain injury attorneys with years of experience and expertise. Our personal injury lawyers can help you with your legal rights and ensure that you are justly compensated and receive proper medical care for the injuries you or your loved ones suffer.
Possible Causes of TBI
- Vehicular accidents
- Slips and falls
- Ejection off a moving vehicle
- Roof and ceiling collapses
- Banging head while falling or inside vehicles
- Head injuries from motorcycle crashes, even with helmets on
- Enormous Explosions
Mansfield Industrial & Construction Accident Attorneys, Tarrant County
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) laws are often flouted by construction and industrial work-sites, leading to serious injuries, sometimes even fatal ones, to their workers and public. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligent action at your place of work or construction site, don’t hesitate in pursuing your legal rights.
Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, at Mansfield, Tarrant County, has experienced construction accident attorneys who can enlighten you about your rights and help you acquire legal compensations for your personal injuries. Our Clay Jenkins and Stephen Daniel are distinguished industrial accident attorneys who have earned reputation in Mansfield and the state of Texas for their vast knowledge and experience in successfully tackling construction accident lawsuits.
Their expertise will guide you through the complicated procedures and ensure you get adequate compensation for your financial loss, pain and suffering.
Frequent Industrial And Construction Injuries
Commonly found accidents deal with equipment defects and failure of machinery such as hydraulic drill malfunction, defective cranes and forklifts etc.
- Failure and malfunction of power equipment and heavy Machines
- Detonations occurring due to flammable chemicals, combustible liquids and burnable vapors
- Failure of power tools resulting from manufacturing negligence
- Injuries and damages suffered from falling from heights like scaffolding, ledges or ladders.
- Death and injuries caused from electric shocks and currents
- Subjection and vulnerability from radioactive chemicals, toxins, asbestos and other hazardous materials.
- Tunnels caving in and blasts happening when excavating mines
- Defective belts and conveyors
Mansfield Product Liability Attorneys, Tarrant County
Product liability attorneys at Clay Jenkins & Associates, Mansfield, Tarrant County, are competent in handling any personal injury cases arising from a malfunctioning or defective product. Our personal injury attorneys will discuss with you your legal rights and case and help you in recovering your damages.
Defective products can cause injuries at unexpected times, without any impending indication, at your home or your workplace. Malfunctioning products can be attributed to flawed workmanship by the manufacturer or irresponsible and negligent behavior of the retailer or wholesaler.
Our personal injury lawyers in Mansfield will stay by your side and assist in investigating and finding those answerable to your injuries. Frequent product liability lawsuits involve:
- Workplace machinery and products
- Farm equipment defects and machine failure
- Seat-belt malfunction
- Defects in vehicles arising from manufacturing negligence
- Violent gas tank blasts
- Defective automobile structure and design
- Chemicals, asbestos, toxic and radioactive materials etc.
- Aviation products defect
- Burns or blasts occurring from combustible products
- Death or injury resulting from toys and furniture products
- Malfunctioning household products
- Accidents resulting from overturning of a vehicle
Mansfield Premises Liability Attorneys, Tarrant County
Clay Jenkins & Associates, premises liability attorneys of Mansfield, Tarrant County, have at their disposal more than six decades of experience and knowledge in premises liability lawsuits. Our personal injury team provides fierce representation to clients who have been injured in streets, hotels, department stores, workplace and construction sites etc.
We deem it our duty to bring justice and ensure that property owners who are negligent are held accountable for their deeds. Do not hesitate to contact our personal injury lawyers if you have been seriously wounded due to the carelessness of others.
Call our personal injury attorneys at Clay Jenkins & Associates, Mansfield, Tarrant County, and discuss your case free of cost.
Common Premises Liability Accidents
- Untended wet floor
- Neglected construction area
- Bites from pets due to negligent owner
- Insufficient security and protection
- Accidents in department stores
- Mishaps in private home
- Swimming pool injuries
- Amusement park and bar mishaps
- Accidents occurring on public road
Mansfield Condemnation & Litigation Attorneys, Tarrant County
Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm is a highly distinguished law firm operating in Mansfield, Tarrant County, and the state of Texas. Our lawyers are regarded as among the best in the state and have successfully handled many lawsuits over the years.
We have more than 66 years of legal service behind us, and through these six decades we have represented many companies successfully, from small businesses that are owned by families to Fortune 500 companies. Clay Jenkins & Associates can give you the best legal condemnation and litigation services in Mansfield, help you determine and evaluate the risks and expenses incurred in a complicated lawsuit.
Clay Jenkins is a prominent litigation attorney who specializes in condemnation cases and has successfully recovered millions in compensation for clients. He will assist you in receiving your full share of private property, and ensure you get adequate compensation for your troubles.
Several financial disputes can crop up between businesses that are helmed by various owners. Our Mansfield legal team is experienced in negotiating settlements and will work closely with you in mattes of litigation judgments and arbitration settlements.
Mansfield Dog Bites Attorneys, Tarrant County
Animals, whether domesticated or not, are unpredictable. Protect yourself and those you love from brutal animal bites and attacks by enlisting the help of a dog bites attorney.
At Clay Jenkins & Associates Attorney at Law, Mansfield, Tarrant County, our dog bites attorneys can serve you to file a claim for the injuries you suffered from a vicious dog. We will aid you in filing a lawsuit against dog owners who are careless with their pets.
Sit with our Mansfield dog bite injury attorneys and draw out the negotiation terms with the dog owner or their insurance companies. For dog bite victims, compensation can be sought for:
- Negligent behavior of the animal’s owner
- Ignoring leash laws in a town that enforces leash laws
- Willful demeanor of the animal owner
- Unreasonable and unjustified force from a police officer handling a police dog
- Negligent actions of a pet-sitting establishment in provide adequate care to dogs
- Veterinary misconduct
- Landlord accountability for the resident’s animals