Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm – PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS, Cedar Hills, TEXAS
OFFICE ADDRESSES AT CEDAR HILL, TX
610 Uptown, 2nd Floor
Cedar Hill, Texas, 75104
Clay Jenkins & Associates law firm has been an active part of the social and legal circles of Cedar Hills and other areas in Texas for almost 70 years. Since 1948, our personal injury attorneys have been fighting for the hapless victims of various types of personal injuries.
We consider our job as more of a duty and responsibility than as an obligation. All the attended cases are treated with highest importance and care. We assign two lawyers with enough support staff and a paralegal for each single case, so that we can bring justice to our clients.
The State of Texas has a dictated a Statute of Limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit. That is, if you have suffered an injury, you have a limited window of time before you can file a valid suit for claiming compensation. So, don’t hesitate in calling us if you were injured in an accident. We extend our service on a contingent fee basis.
Cedar Hills Auto Accidents Attorneys, Texas
Car accidents are as equally devastating as it is common on our roads. The physical and mental damages it brings along, are really harsh. If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident, our Cedar Hills Auto Accident Attorneys can help you get your legally rightful compensation.
Call us at 972-938-1234
NEGOTIATIONS AFTER AN AUTO ACCIDENT
All insurance companies will try to keep their side clean and try to protect their interests. Meaning that they will try greatly to reduce your claim or wholly deny it. For this exact reason, you need an experienced car accident attorney to deal with them. You need their expertise in helping you choose the right way to proceed with the case.
TEXAS STATE LAW REGARDING CAR ACCIDENTS
In most of the auto accident cases, the accuser depends mostly on the impression of “negligence” to establish the guilt of the responsible person. The following important factors are taken into consideration to prove it.
- The defendant’s duty of care to the victim and everyone else.
- Violation of that duty.
- Cause of the victim’s damages by the defendants violation.
ESTABLISHING LIABILITY IN AUTO ACCIDENTS
Instituting a duty of care is the first step in establishing fault in an auto accident. We will have to prove that the defendant’s actions or the absence thereof, under the given conditions, caused the damages to the victim. It is the obligation of every motor vehicle driver to operate their vehicle with a certain level of sensibility and care, taking into consideration, factors like the safety of other vehicles, pedestrians, weather, visibility etc at all times.
After the establishment of duty of care, the accuser should move to prove the exact way in which the defendant’s actions violated the. Liability is normally proved through:
- Traffic law violations
- Eyewitness testimonials
- Testimony of the plaintiff
- Examination of the evidence from the scene
Finally, the accuser will have to how this negligence of violation of the duty of care caused harm to them. Generally, the proof is provided through medical records that draw out the loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, mental anguish and other damages caused by the accident.
TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS, CEDAR HILLS
Almost daily, trucks, trailers and 18-wheelers are involved in accidents which devastate families and individuals. If you or a loved one were hurt in a trucking accident in the State of Texas, you can come to Clay Jenkins & Associates, truck accident attorneys to help you retrieve compensation for your damage. Collecting compensation for a trucking accident a strenuous process, which is just too much for people going through a tough time. Let our experienced attorneys handle it and help you.
HOW WE COULD ASSIST YOU.
In a trucking accident, many people including the driver of the truck and the driver of the truck can be held accountable for the incident. However most companies and insurance firms will try their maximum to reduce your claim or deny it altogether. This is where a trucking accident attorney becomes important. In such cases, they will help you collect evidence, analyze it and help you make a strong case against the defendant.
Generally, a specialized investigation will be launched by the owning trucking company, as soon as the accident happens. They have a very particular set of methods to do this. This system is designed in such a way as to limit the amount of recovery liable to the injured victim.
Our legal team will review surveillance footage, onsite evidence, witness testimonials and more and evaluate the reports of the truck accident, as well as the medical reports and interview the medical staff on the injuries, wound and damages suffered by the victim. The team will also work with highly specialized individuals in recreating the accident to determine the damages.
RECOVERABLE AMENDS IN A TRUCKING ACCIDENT
There are mainly two types of damages that can be recovered. Non-Economic and Economic. As per the circumstances of the case, punitive damages may also be obtained.
Generally, the damages included are:-
- Current (Past) Medical Expenses: Includes the fees for surgeries, emergency room visits, hospital care, assistive devices and appointments with sanctioned medical professionals.
- Future Medical Expenses: Many trucking accidents leave the victim with severe injuries that require an extended medical attention and care.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: Some people sustain extensive injuries that prevent them from earning their living. In those cases, when considering the past wages to determine the amount as compensation, the awarding party will seek to establish the amount the victim could have earned had the accident not occurred.
- Lost Wages: Some injuries prevent the victim from returning to work, either permanently or temporarily. In those cases the law allows for the recovery of the wages lost from the time of injury to the conclusion of the lawsuit.
- Pain and Suffering: This involves a settlement for the physical pain suffered due to the injuries sustained in the crash. The compensation is awarded based on the extent of the pain, the duration of time the victim is expected to suffer and the nature of the injury.
- Mental Trauma: Crash victims are susceptible to mental anguish, and the pain suffered is covered through suitable compensation for nervousness, fright & embarrassment, grief, worry and other forms of emotional distress arising from the accident.
- Loss of Consortium: When a truck accident claim is successful, the uninjured spouse can be compensated for the deprivation of marital benefits that includes companionship, comfort, affection and sexual relations.
- Punitive damages: May be recovered if proven that the defendant’s actions to injure the victim were intentional, willful or malicious.
As there is a statute of limitations in the State of Texas, don’t hesitate to file a claim after an accident. Do it as soon as possible because the claim would become invalid after the time.
Contact our truck accident attorneys in Cedar Hills today.
CEDAR HILLS WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEYS
Death of an individual that was caused by the negligence of another is called wrongful death. This is a different type of lawsuit as the victim’s kin raises the claim for the deceased. Meaning, a wrongful death lawsuit is filed to recover amends for the trauma endured by the surviving family due to the death of their loved one.
Our wrongful death attorneys in Cedar Hills are highly experienced in representing the kith and kin of suffering families all over Texas. So, if you or a loved one is suffering the tragedy of a loss, please call our attorneys soon.
COMPENSATION FOR WRONGFUL DEATH
According to Texan law, the victims can retrieve damages in various forms. It all depends on the extent that the jury deems fair and justifiable in relation to the damages acquired from the individual’s death.
Expenses received from medical bills, funeral expenses etc.
- Gains Loss – Loss of retirement/pension benefits that the person would have got if alive.
- Future Earnings Loss – The amount of earnings which a person could have earned through salary checks had they been alive.
- Companionship Loss – The emotional loss suffered by the surviving family or loved ones, and the mental frustration and suffering arising from the death of the person.
- Punitive Damages – The amount the defendant is legally punished and bound to pay to the victim’s family due to their negligent action that caused the victim’s death.
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY ATTORNEYS, CEDAR HILLS
Traumatic Brain Injuries or TBI is made by an external force hitting the head in a fall or accident or strike with any object. Many of these injuries happen to people due to the ignorant activity of others, and the ensuing injury can be lethal in many cases. Such extreme cases can be analyzed for bases to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Majority of head injuries, if not taken care of, can lead to an injured brain, which can have temporary or lifelong reverberations. The amount of victims getting struck by TBI has grown over the years. The CDC reports that around 2 million people suffer from TBI each year, and that one-third of all injury related deaths in the US is caused by TBI.
The lawyers at Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm are specialized in brain injury cases and have more than ten years’ worth of experience in helping TBI victims get the stable care and compensation to help them continue with their lives.
Possible events that results in Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Auto accidents
- Various types of falls
- Ejection from a vehicle at high speeds
- Roof collapsing over inmates
- Falling objects on people
- Hitting heads on the floor or interiors of vehicles
- Accidents from Motorcycle, despite helmets
- Violent explosions
INDUSTRIAL AND CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS, CEDAR HILLS
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) laws are put forward to ensure the safety of people working in industrial or construction areas. But some companies find these simple guidelines, very tough to adhere to, which results in accidents, causing devastation to people.
If you or a beloved were injured in an industrial or construction site accidents, contact our Cedar Hills Personal injury attorneys at Clay Jenkins Law Firm immediately. You should not hesitate in pursuing your legal rights.
Our attorneys Clay Jenkins and Stephen Daniel are well known and experienced industrial accident attorneys who can handle these lawsuits and claims. They will work hard to ensure you get the compensation you deserve to pay your medical bills, lost wages etc.
FREQUENT INDUSTRIAL AND CONSTRUCTION INJURIES
Normally found accidents happen due to equipment faults and failure of machinery such as hydraulic drill malfunction, defective cranes and forklifts etc.
- Failure and malfunction of power equipment and heavy Machines
- Detonations occurring due to flammable chemicals, combustible liquids and burnable vapors
- Failure of power tools resulting from manufacturing negligence
- Injuries and damages suffered from falling from heights like scaffolding, ledges or ladders.
- Death and injuries caused from electric shocks and currents
- Subjection and vulnerability from radioactive chemicals, toxins, asbestos and other hazardous materials.
PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEYS, CEDAR HILLS
Defective products cause injuries at unexpected times without any prior indications. These malfunctions could be attributed to incompetent workmanship by the producer or the negligent behavior of the retailer.
If you or a loved one has been lethally wounded due to a malfunctioning product, then contact the product liability attorneys at Clay Jenkins & Associates, Cedar Hills. Our committed attorneys and legal team will help you in constituting your claims and acquiring the compensation you deserve.
The product liability attorneys at Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm usually deal with cases that include:
- Workplace products & machinery
- Farm machinery and equipments
- Failed seatbelts
- Manufacturing defects of vehicles, sports utility vehicles etc.
- Extreme gas tank explosions
- Dangerous automobile design
- Chemical and radioactive substances, asbestos etc.
- Defective aviation products
- Flammable products that causes burns or explosions
- Children’s toys or furniture that may cause injury or even death
- Defective household products
- Vehicle rollovers and accidents
CEDAR HILLS PREMISES LIABILITY ATTORNEYS
Premises liability attorneys from Clay Jenkins & Associates, Cedar Hills, have more than sixty years of experience behind them in premise liability cases. Our Cedar Hills legal team will provide furious legal representation for injuries that occur in office buildings, grocery stores, hotels, streets and sidewalks, construction sites or any other commercial or residential premise.
We see it as our duty to bring justice and assure that property owners who are neglectful about the safety of the people on their premises should be held accountable for their acts, or lack thereof. Do not hesitate to contact our personal injury lawyers if you have been gravely wounded due to the carelessness of others.
Common premises liability accidents are:
- Untended wet floor
- Neglected construction area
- Animal bites due to a negligent homeowner
- Insufficient security and protection
- Mishaps in department stores
- Accidents in private home
- Accidents in Swimming pool
- Amusement park and bar mishaps
- Public road accidents and mishaps
CONDEMNATION & LITIGATION ATTORNEYS, CEDAR HILLS
Clay Jenkins & Associates attorneys are amongst the best personal injury attorneys in Cedar Hills and Texas, and over the years, we can proudly testify to having dealt with many successful claims. Our very own Clay Jenkins is a highly achieved attorney who specializes in condemnation cases.
He will see to it that you get your full value of personal property and stand by till you get the merited compensation. With over 66 years furnishing legal advice and service and acting for companies from family-owned small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm can deliver the best legal condemnation services in Cedar Hills, and help you evaluate the risk and price endured in a complex litigation case.
Several financial challenges can pop up amongst businesses that are guided by several owners. Our Mansfield legal team is experienced in negotiating settlements and will work intimately with you in matters of litigation judgments and arbitration settlements.
DOG BITE ATTORNEYS, CEDAR HILLS
Animals can be unpredictable even if domesticated. And even in situations where an animal might seem meek, you may be cornered into an ambush. Protect yourself and your loved ones from these brutal and vicious animal attacks, by seeking the help of a dog bite attorney.
At Clay Jenkins & Associates Attorney at Law, Cedar Hills, our dog bites attorneys can help you to file a claim for the wounds you sustained from a vicious dog. We will aid you in filing a lawsuit against dog owners who are negligent with their pets.
Damages can be sought for the below situations:
- Thoughtless demeanor of the dog owner
- Disregarding leash laws inside a city that implements leash laws
- Deliberate conduct of the dog owner
- Inordinate and unwarranted force by a police officer using a police dog
- Irresponsibility of a pet-sitting establishment in providing decent care to a dog
- Veterinary mismanagement
- Accountability of the landlord for the occupant’s animals