Although animals generally mean the best, you could find yourself in a situation where a vicious animal compromises your safety Our Waxahachie dog bites lawyer can help you protect yourself and your loved ones from future attacks. We can help you get the compensation you need for animal attacks/bites.
Sometimes “man’s best friend” acts out, and it is our duty at Clay Jenkins & Associates to stand up for those on the receiving end. Our Waxahachie dog bites lawyers have helped victims injured in animal attacks through negotiations with the dog owner’s insurance company or litigation. If you or a loved one suffered a dog bite injury in the Waxhachie area, you can reach out to us now and explore your legal options during a free consultation.
Situations That Can Lead to Dog Bite Attacks in Waxahachie
- Negligence on the part of the dog owner
- Disregard for leash laws in a city that has them
- Intentional misconduct on the part of the dog owner
- Unreasonable force by a police officer using a police dog
- Failure on the part of a pet-sitting establishment to provide a dog with adequate care
- Veterinary malpractice
- Landlord liability for a tenant’s animals
For a free legal consultation with a dog bites lawyer serving Waxahachie, call (972) 938-1234
How Our Waxahachie, Texas, Dog Bites Lawyer Can Help Your Case
While you recover from the physical and emotional aftermath of a dog bite attack, we can lead your dog bit injury case for damages and take care of your legal matter. Our injury attorney will review your dog attack situation and take care of the following and more:
- Investigate the dog bite attack that occurred in the Waxahachie area
- Review the evidence supporting your damages case against the dog’s owner or another liable party (e.g., photographs of your wounds, an official police report, surveillance video footage, witness testimony)
- Prove the damages you suffered when the dog attacked you
- Prove negligence on the dog owner’s part and use case evidence to prove you did not provoke the attack
- Evaluate your losses, assign a value to them, and determine how much you could recover
- Communicate with the liable party’s insurer
- Negotiate for a fair settlement that helps you cover your expenses
- Prepare and file a lawsuit by the statute of limitations deadline if we cannot settle your case outside of court
- Fight your damages at trial, if necessary
Our dog bite injury lawyer will deal with the insurer for you and handle all communications for you. We will also update you regularly on your dog bite injury case as you recover in Waxahachie.
Waxahachie Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me (972) 938-1234
We Can Work on Your Waxahachie Dog Bite Injury Claim at No Upfront Cost
You do not have to be wealthy or empty your life savings to hire a dog bite lawyer in Waxahachie to work on your injury claim. We handle personal injury cases like these on a contingency fee basis. This fee arrangement gives you our best representation throughout your case without you having to pay any legal fees until the end.
Even then, we have a “no fee unless you win” guarantee. We get paid a percentage of the jury award or settlement.
Recoverable Damages in a Waxahachie Dog Bite Injury Case
Several factors can affect how much compensation you could recover in a dog bite case, including how severe your injuries are, if treating them caused you to miss work and therefore income, and how much pain and suffering you endured, among other things.
A Waxhachie, TX, attorney from our firm can review your losses after a dog attack and determine what your compensation could be. You could recover financial losses, such as:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses for emergency and ongoing care after the dog bite attack
- Rehabilitation costs, including fees for therapy and counseling
- Income and other earnings you lost and could lose permanently if you cannot go back to work or must take a lower-paying position because of your injuries
- Property damages
- Other related expenses from the dog bite incident
You also could recover non-financial damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Disability, scarring, and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
Your case might involve additional damages. You can talk to our Waxahachie dog bites lawyer about how the animal attack has affected your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Find Out What Our Clients Say About Us
Here are a few reviews from our happy clients:
“Clay Jenkins & Associates will make you feel comfortable with the process. Personal injury cases take time and they need a lawyer that is going to fight for you like you are family. I am very happy with my experience and Stephen is amazing at what he does. They have answered all of my questions and handled everything in an incredibly professional manner.” Gerry G.
“Stephen Daniel handled my case wonderfully. We got the result we were looking for and he was extremely polite, knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire process. Attorneys have always “scared” me, but Stephen was so awesome from the moment I met him, to the day we settled my case. He never made me feel bad asking the “dumb” questions and was always happy to help. Anytime I e-mailed him, his was very quick to respond. I will definitely recommend Stephen to any family/friends that may need his help. He was absolutely wonderful to work with! Thanks Stephen!” Jackie N.
“A truly knowledgable professional that is willing to assist in times of need. He took the time to explain and give me the information I needed. Sometimes you run into a person who takes their job seriously while remaining a genuine good person. I would recommend him to any friend or family member. Save his number to pass to your loved ones as well, you won’t regret it!” J.P.W.
We work hard to get our clients the compensation they need. Come find out for yourself!
What to Do After an Animal Attack in Waxahachie
You should get professional medical attention immediately. Dog bite wounds can lead to infections and diseases from bacteria in the dog’s saliva.
You will want to call animal control authorities in Waxahachie and the police at once. The dog will likely have to get caught and quarantined to check for signs of rabies. If they do not catch the animal, you might have to undergo painful rabies injections. Also, you do not want the animal to injure anyone else. You will need the police and animal control reports as proof of the attack.
As soon as the immediate crisis gets dealt with, your next call should be to your law firm. The last thing you should have to bother with is haggling with the dog owner’s insurance company while trying to recuperate from your wounds.
Call Us Today – Our Waxahachie Dog Bites Lawyer Can Help
If you suffered injuries in a dog bite attack in the Waxahachie, TX, area, you could seek to recover damages from the person responsible, which could be the animal’s owner or someone else.
After you seek prompt medical care, we can advise you on how our dog bite injury attorney can help you seek compensation for your losses. We urge you to reach out to us as soon as possible as Texas limits the time you have to take legal action in personal injury cases. Generally, injured parties have two years to file a lawsuit for their damages (Texas Civil Practices and Remedies Code § 16.003).
Give us a call today to learn more during a free case consultation.