Clay Jenkins & Associates – PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM, RED OAK, ELLIS COUNTY
Clay Jenkins & Associates, Personal Injury Law Firm, has been a primary spoke in the wheel of law for more than six decades. Founded in 1948, we undertake personal injury cases in Dallas, Ellis County, and across the state of Texas.
When one person in the society chooses to flout the law, however insignificant it may seem to them, it can end up harming another innocent. Whether it’s an irresponsible driver or owner of an unruly dog or a manufacturer of faulty products, we will stand by our clients until the perpetrators are brought to justice.
Our skilled Red Oak personal injury attorneys are among the best attorneys in the state and their competences have enabled the firm to reclaim huge amounts in client recoveries. Every case is of prime importance to us and we treat it as such, for the battle for justice is not only valuable to the client but also to the community.
We pour in our efforts and resources to help our clients heal and recover from their traumatic experiences, and help our community to stay safe. It is a matter of pride and privilege to help our clients stand up for their rights and be their voice at their time of need.
Our Red Oak law firm provides a legal team of two lawyers, a paralegal and an appropriate support staff for each case. You can approach us with your personal injury cases and rest assured that you will get the best we can provide. We would be honoured to discuss your case with you for free.
Auto Accidents Attorneys, Red Oak, Ellis County
Car accidents are sudden and unexpected and the victims are often left grieving, stranded in the trauma. The financial, emotional and physical pains suffered by car accident victims are quite devastating.
If you are an unfortunate victim of a car accident in Red Oak or any other region within the state, you should seek legal claims right away since the statute of limitations states a specified amount of time, after the accident, within which a claim can be filed against the person responsible. We will handle your case related to personal injury claims on a no-win-no-fee basis.
Call us on 972-938-1234 or complete our form online to discuss your case with us.
Why Hire Us?
Our car accident lawyers are competent and veterans in tackling car accident cases. We understand the various facets that follow a car accident and can therefore help you determine whether there is a feasible case, and if so, how to go about it.
The car accident lawyers at Clay Jenkins & Associates, Attorneys at Law, Red Oak, will work in tandem with you, your insurance companies and medical providers to collect the necessary documents, testimonials and evidences required to fight your case successfully.
Handling Insurance Companies
Insurance companies always look for ways to avoid paying you; this is where the need for an expert car accident attorney comes in. Moreover, the attorney can assist you in obtaining a reasonable settlement, else the insurance company, as they generally do, will seek to settle for a shallow amount.
The Law Regarding Car Accidents
For most car accident cases, the victim generally depends on the notion of “negligence” to substantiate the frailty of the person responsible. In order to prove it, the following key elements are followed:
- Defendant’s obligation owed to the plaintiff
- Infringement of that obligation
- Imminent cause of the plaintiff’s damages by defendant’s violation
To verify the negligence-based accountability, the plaintiff is required to prove that an action of the defendant did not conform to that of an ordinarily sensible person practicing ordinary care under the given conditions.
Liability Of Care In Auto Accidents
Demonstrating a violation of care would require the plaintiff to prove that the actions of the defendant, or lack thereof, did not, under the circumstances, meet the necessary level of practical care. A motor vehicle driver is legally obliged to drive his or her vehicle with care always, taking into considerations factors like the weather, traffic conditions and visibility.
Establishing Fault In Car Accidents
Following the confirmation of duty of care, the plaintiff has to provide evidence on how the defendant breached the said yardstick of care. Faults can be set by a number of causes, like:
- Traffic Law violations
- Testimonies of eyewitnesses
- Plaintiff testimony to the accident
- Analysis and examination of evidence at the accident site
Lastly, it has to be established how the carelessness of the defendant has resulted in harming the plaintiff. Proof can be provided through medical records that states evidences concerning loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, mental trauma and any other damages applicable to the plaintiff’s situation.
Truck Accidents Attorney, Red Oak, Ellis County
For any trucking accident that has happened to you or a loved one in the state of Texas, you can approach Clay Jenkins & Associates, truck accident attorneys to help you recover compensation for your damages and injuries. The process of collecting compensations due from a trucking accident is a complicated procedure, but our attorneys are well versed and experienced in the concerned legal matters and can help you wade through the claims without hassles.
How Can We Help You?
If a person has been injured in a truck accident, a number of parties, including the truck driver and employer or owner can be held accountable for their injuries or any loss in property. However, the accused parties can deny these claims or liabilities for the collision.
In such cases, our lawyers can aid you in establishing liability, collect the required evidence and ensure that you will get your just dues from the concerned parties. Following a trucking accident, the trucking company, as well as their insurance companies will begin investigating the scene of the accident, with specific and detailed procedures.
These processes are, more often than not, designed to restrict the recovery of those involved and injured in the collision. Our truck accident attorneys will work with specialists and help them in their official investigations, collect evidences and determine the extent of the damages.
Wrongful Death in Trucking Accidents
In most of the cases, a victim stands slim chance of surviving a head on collision with an 18-wheeler. In such wrongful death cases, the family of the deceased or their loved ones would bring forth the claim on their behalf, to recover compensation for their losses.
Clay Jenkins & Associates truck accident attorneys in Red Oak will stand with you and help you recover economic, non-economic, and in some cases, exemplary damages too. It is the duty of our truck accident attorneys to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your losses.
The Damages That Can Be Recovered in Trucking Accident
Compensations provided for the injuries and damages sustained from a trucking accident are of mainly two categories – non-economic and economic. As per the circumstances of the case, punitive damages may also be obtained.
Typically, the damages included are –
- Current (Past) Medical Expenses: Includes the fees for surgeries, emergency room visits, hospital care, assistive devices and appointments with sanctioned medical professionals.
- Future Medical Expenses: Many trucking accidents leave the victim with severe injuries that require an extended medical attention and care.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: Some people sustain extensive injuries that prevent them from earning their living. In those cases, when considering the past wages to determine the amount as compensation, the awarding party will seek to establish the amount the victim could have earned had the accident not occurred.
- Lost Wages: Some injuries prevent the victim from returning to work, either permanently or temporarily. In those cases the law allows for the recovery of the wages lost from the time of injury to the conclusion of the lawsuit.
- Pain and Suffering: This involves a settlement for the physical pain suffered due to the injuries sustained in the crash. The compensation is awarded based on the extent of the pain, the duration of time the victim is expected to suffer and the nature of the injury.
- Mental Trauma: Crash victims are susceptible to mental anguish, and the pain suffered is covered through suitable compensation for nervousness, fright & embarrassment, grief, worry and other forms of emotional distress arising from the accident.
- Loss of Consortium: When a truck accident claim is successful, the uninjured spouse can be compensated for the deprivation of marital benefits that includes companionship, comfort, affection and sexual relations.
- Punitive damages may be recovered if proven that the defendant’s actions to injure the victim were intentional, wilful or malicious.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a truck accident in Texas, you should contact an auto accident attorney as soon as possible. This is because, there is limited time available to you within which you have to file an insurance claim or bring a claim against another party.
Fill out our case review form and our truck accident attorneys in Red Oak can assist you with your personal injury case and discuss your rights free of charge.
Wrongful Death Attorneys, Red Oak, Ellis County
A wrongful death claim arises from the death of an individual that was caused as a result of the negligent actions of another. This type of lawsuit is different from the other types because here it is not the victim that raises the claim but a family member or beloved of the deceased.
Therefore, a wrongful death lawsuit seeks to recover damages for the injuries suffered by the surviving family or descendants due to the death of a close one. The wrongful death attorneys of Clay Jenkins & Associates, in Red Oak, emphasizes on reducing the financial stress that the surviving members of the deceased would be suffering from.
Our Wrongful Death Attorneys and Personal Injury Attorneys have been highly successful in representing families in Red Oak, Ellis County and across the state of Texas, so if you or a beloved is experiencing the tragedy of losing someone to a wrongful death, please call our personal injury lawyers without delay.
Damages For Wrongful Death
According to Texan law, the victim may recover damages that a jury deems to be fair and justified with respect to the injuries or damages that resulted from the death of a descendant.
- Expenses incurred through medical bills, funeral expenses etc.
- Benefits Loss- Loss of retirement/pension benefits that the person would have got if alive.
- Future Earnings Loss- The amount of earnings which a person could have earned through salary checks had they been alive.
- Companionship Loss- The emotional loss suffered by the surviving family or loved ones, and the mental frustration and suffering arising from the death of the person.
- Punitive Damages- The amount the defendant is legally punished and bound to pay to the victim’s family due to their negligent action that caused the victim’s death.
Brain Injuries Attorneys, Red Oak, Ellis County
According to statistics, people who suffer head injuries and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) in the country are staggeringly high and increasing every year. Many of these injuries happen to people due to the negligent action of others, and the resulting injury can be fatal in many instances. Such extreme cases can be examined for grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit.
A person can sustain a head injury or a traumatic brain injury from auto accidents, construction accidents, ejection from a moving vehicle, falling down by accident or objects falling on head and from any other situation that can befall a person in both residential and industrial circumstances. Even banging your head by slipping and falling can lead to a serious injury, even if the fall may seem to be harmless.
When the head sustains injury, if the person even for a little while losses consciousness, it is a clear indication that the blow may have affected the brain.
The person might experience confusion, disorientation about time and place, headaches, memory loss etc. If the person starts exhibiting any such behavioural symptoms that seems out of the ordinary, it should be viewed seriously and help must be sought immediately.
TBI is a serious and crippling injury that can result in mental and physical weakness, even going so far as to render the victim in a totally helpless state. It can often leave permanent results that would require the person to live with permanent assistance and an inability to resume their routine lifestyle.
The lawyers at Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, are specialised in brain injury cases and have more than ten year’s worth of experience in helping TBI victims get the stable care and compensation to help them continue with their lives.
Possible Events Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Auto accidents
- Any type of falls
- Ejection from a vehicle travelling at high speeds
- Roof collapsing over inmates
- Falling objects on people
- Banging heads on the floor or interiors of vehicles
- Accidents from Motorcycle, in spite of helmets
- Intense and violent explosions
Industrial & Construction Accident Attorneys, Red Oak, Ellis County
Construction and industrial worksites are often found turning a blind eye towards Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) laws. This ineptitude can result in grievous personal injuries to people.
If you have sustained personal injuries in Red Oak or within the state boundaries, because of the negligence shown at your place of work, then do not waste time in contesting for your legal claim. Contact Clay Jenkins & Associates attorneys and learn about your legal rights.
Attorneys Clay Jenkins and Stephen Daniel are prominent industrial accident attorneys who are experienced in handling industrial accident lawsuits and claims. They will work diligently to provide you with compensation for loss of your wages, medical bills and the pain and suffering you had to endure.
These accidents include heavy machinery failures, such as those involving forklifts, malfunctioning cranes, defects of large hydraulic drills etc.
- Power equipment malfunction, defect or failure of heavy Machinery
- Explosions due to flammable liquids, chemicals and vapours.
- Manufacturing defects of power tools
- Injuries suffered from falling off, ladders, ledges or scaffolding
- Exposure to radioactive or toxic chemicals, asbestos or other dangerous chemicals.
- Tunnel caving and explosions during mining excavations
- Malfunctioning conveyor belts
Product Liability Attorneys, Red Oak, Ellis County
If you or a loved one has been grievously injured due to a malfunctioning product, then contact the product liability attorneys at Clay Jenkins & Associates, Red Oak. Our dedicated attorneys and legal team will help you in representing your claims and getting the compensation you deserve.
Product malfunctioning and defects can happen unexpectedly, without any prior symptoms. It doesn’t matter whose fault it may be, whether the manufacturer of the product or the wholesaler or retailer, and wherever it may be, whether at home or workplace; you will helped by our personal injury attorneys in inquiring and holding the right people for your damages and injuries.
The product liability attorneys at Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm, have dealt with cases that involve:
- Workplace products & machinery
- Farm machinery and equipments
- Failed seatbelts
- Manufacturing defects of vehicles, sports utility vehicles etc.
- Extreme gas tank explosions
- Dangerous automobile design
- Chemical and radioactive substances, asbestos etc.
- Defective aviation products
- Flammable products that causes burns or explosions
- Children’s toys or furniture that may cause injury or even death
- Defective household products
- Vehicle rollovers and accidents
Premises Liability Attorneys, Red Oak, Ellis County
Premises liability attorneys from Clay Jenkins & Associates, Red Oak, have more than sixty years of experience behind them in premise liability cases. Our Red Oak legal team will provide aggressive legal representation for injuries that occur in office buildings, grocery stores, hotels, streets and sidewalks, construction sites or any other commercial or residential location.
It is our responsibility to take into accountability owners of property who pose a risk to innocent civilians by not taking necessary precautions to properly maintain their premises. Don’t be ignorant of your rights; call Clay Jenkins & Associates at Red Oak and have a cost-free discussion with our personal injury lawyers about your rights.
Premises liability involves accidents like:
- Wet floor
- An untended and disorganised construction area
- Animal bites due to a negligent homeowner
- Inadequate security
- Mishaps in department stores
- Accidents in private home
- Accidents in Swimming pool
- Amusement park accidents
- Accidents and brawls in bar
- Public road accidents and mishaps
Condemnation & Litigation Attorneys, Red Oak, Ellis County
Clay Jenkins & Associates attorneys are among the top personal injury attorneys in Red Oak and Texas, and over the years, we can proudly attest to having handled many successful claims. Our very own Clay Jenkins is a highly accomplished attorney who specialises in condemnation cases.
He will see to it that you receive your full value of private property and stand by you till you get the deserved compensation. With over sixty-six years of providing legal advice and service and representing companies from family-owned small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, Clay Jenkins & Associates Law Firm can deliver the best legal condemnation services in Red Oak, and help you assess the risk and cost suffered in a complex litigation case.
It is common for multiple financial disputes to spark between any businesses managed by multiple owners. Our Red Oak legal team will work together with you and assist you in negotiating agreements, take on arbitration settlements and litigation judgments.
Dog Bites Attorneys, Red Oak, Ellis County
Animals, even though domesticated, can be unpredictable, and even in situations where an animal might seem meek you might find yourself cornered into a dangerous attack. Safeguard yourself and your loved ones from vicious animal attacks, such as dog bites, through our legal help.
A pet dog may seem adorable and cute, but some circumstances may act out dangerous for you and you might be at the receiving end. At Clay Jenkins & Associates Attorney at Law, Red Oak, we take it as our duty to protect our clients from unexpected animal bites.
Our dog bite injury attorneys in Red Oak can help victims negotiate conditions with the animal owner’s litigation or insurance company. Damages can be looked for the below situations:
- Thoughtless demeanour of the dog owner
- disregarding leash laws inside a city that implements leash laws
- Purposeful conduct of the dog owner
- Inordinate and unwarranted force by a police officer using a police dog
- Irresponsibility of a pet-sitting establishment in providing decent care to a dog
- Veterinary mismanagement
- Accountability of the landlord for the occupant’s animals