Was your loved one's death caused by the negligence of another?
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Waxahachie, Ellis County
A wrongful death claim is a lawsuit that arises from the death of an individual that was caused by the conduct of another. A wrongful death lawsuit is different from other types of personal injury claims because the actual victim is not bringing suit, rather it is the family members or the decedent’s estate. As such, a a wrongful death claim/lawsuit is brought to recover damages for the injuries that the surviving family and/or estate have suffered due to the death of a loved one. Therefore, our wrongful death attorneys in Dallas and Ellis County in Texas focuses on reducing financial stress for surviving relatives of those who have died due to the negligence of others.
Our Wrongful Death Attorneys and Personal Injury Attorneys have successfully represented families throughout Texas. If your family has experienced the tragedy of a wrongful death, please call Personal Injury Lawyers at Clay Jenkins & Associates.
Damages for Wrongful Death
- Direct Expenses- medical bills and funeral cost.
- Loss of Benefits- what the person could have received in pension/retirement benefits had they lived.
- Loss of Future Earnings- what the person who died would have earned in salary if he or she had lived.
- Loss of Companionship- what the person who died would have emotionally provided to a relationship, and the mental pain and suffering resulting from the decedent’s death.
- Punitive Damages- what amount the defendant should be punished for his or her action resulting in the victim’s death.
Texas law provides that you may recover damages to the extent a jury finds it fair and just in relation to the injury that resulted from the decedent’s death. Contact us now to learn your rights after a wrongful death.