Ennis TX Personal Injury Lawyers
When someone consciously chooses to violate the law, however unimportant it may appear to them, it can end up harming another innocent person. Whether it’s a reckless driver, an owner of a violent dog, or a manufacturer of defective products, we will stand by our clients until the culprits are brought to justice.
Clay Jenkins & Associates, serving Ellis County, Texas, was founded in 1948. We have been dealing with personal injury cases and providing legal advice to clients from Ennis and other parts of Texas for more than 70 years
If you are suffering the effects of a personal injury and want to file claims against the guilty parties, then contact our personal injury attorneys in Ennis immediately. Every case has a statute of limitations set by the state of Texas, which makes it vital that you file a lawsuit within the decreed amount of time or risk losing your right to claim compensation in court.
We offer our services on a contingent fee basis. You pay only if you win the claim and recover damages. If you don’t win your case, you won’t owe us.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Ennis, call (972) 938-1234
Ennis Car Accident Attorneys Serving Ellis County, Texas
Every motor vehicle driver has an obligation to ensure safety on the road, and it is their duty to obey the traffic laws. However, this obligation is sidestepped sometimes, and the ensuing actions lead to ravaging consequences.
Why You May Want to Hire an Ennis Car Accident Lawyer to Handle Your Claim
Filing a claim for compensation tends to consume your time and energy, two things you need in order to rest and recover from your injuries. Fighting a potential legal battle after experiencing a car accident should not be your top priority, but it will always be ours. As your legal representation, our law firm is singularly focused on winning you the compensation you deserve. Not only do we have the knowledge of the law and the resources to build a proper car accident case, but we also have experience in dealing with insurance companies in Ennis auto accidents.
We Handle Insurance Companies for You
While some insurance companies are forthright in their actions, many others are not. It is not uncommon for car insurance adjusters to offer a minimal settlement or assert that they owe you nothing at all. An Ennis car accident lawyer on our team can negotiate a fair settlement for your injuries and losses. We will carefully assess your total damages and present compelling proof of the insurer’s liability.
Establishing Liability in Car Accidents
Pursuing financial compensation after a car accident means proving that the other driver caused the crash. In many cases, this involves demonstrating that he or she was negligent or careless in their conduct behind the wheel. A negligence theory must establish the following elements:
- Duty of Care- The driver had a responsibility to drive carefully
- Breach of Duty- The driver failed to act the way a reasonable person would have to be safe
- Cause- Their failure to act or drive responsibly directly led to the car wreck
- Damages- As a result of the accident, you were injured or suffered losses that may be physical, financial, or psychological.
Ennis Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (972) 938-1234
A Truck Accident Attorney Serving Ennis, Texas, Can Fight for You
For any trucking accident that has happened to you or a loved one in the state of Texas, you can approach Clay Jenkins & Associates truck accident attorneys to help you recover compensation for your damages. Collecting compensation due from a trucking accident is a complicated procedure, but our attorneys have experience in these legal matters and can help you move through the claims process without bother.
There are innumerable causes for semi-truck accidents in Ennis, like poor driving skills, lack of visibility, unfavorable road conditions, faulty working parts on the vehicle, and violation of traffic laws. A considerable number of trucking accidents lead to the victim being lethally injured or left with grievous wounds and trauma like spinal cord injury, serious head and brain injuries, dismemberment, bone fractures, and paralysis.
Click to contact our State Name Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Our Accident Injury Lawyers Do for Ennis Truck Accident Victims
An Ennis commercial truck accident lawyer will investigate the cause of your trucking accident to determine who is at fault, and ultimately, who is liable for the damages you sustained.
Our legal staff will gather evidence to support your claim for compensation, which may include:
- Available video footage of the collision
- Analyzing the truck accident report
- Eyewitness accounts of the traffic accident
- Medical reports, records, or testimony from healthcare practitioners who treated you
- The analysis and opinion of truck accident reconstruction experts
Trucking accidents are likely to have several parties who could be liable for damages. The nature of the trucking industry is such that multiple businesses and independent contractors partner to facilitate the transportation of goods from one place to another.
Potentially liable parties in an Ennis truck accident may include:
- The semi-truck’s driver
- The truck leasing company
- Truck, trailer, equipment manufacturers
- The motor carrier employing the truck driver
- The cargo loading company
- The truck maintenance company
Drivers cause a significant number of truck accidents. A study from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that nearly 90% of truck accidents are attributable to driver error.
Our personal injury lawyers serving Ennis, TX, can look into the truck driver and motor carrier’s history to determine any indiscretions, legal violations, criminal history, or other relevant records or factors that may have contributed to your accident.
We may investigate:
- Maintenance and inspection records
- The party which had control of the truck
- Past violations of Texas state and federal trucking laws
- Driving logs and driving records
- Past criminal convictions
- The amount of control the trucking company had over the driver
- The driving history of the truck and trailer
- Violations of federal and Texas state laws regarding driving regulations
Your auto accident lawyer in Ennis will do what it takes to get you the rightful compensation for your losses. Moreover, if you lost a loved one in a trucking accident, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the defendant.
Damages Recovered in Ennis Truck Accident Lawsuits
Compensation from truck accident lawsuits is normally classified into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages. Depending on the magnitude of damages and the conditions encompassing the lawsuit, punitive damages can also be claimed.
There are different types of damages that can be recovered from trucking accidents:
- Past or Current Medical Expenses: This involves the expenses incurred for hospital visits, medical appointments and care, supportive devices, and assistance with approved medical professionals.
- Medical Expenses Incurred in Future: This includes the expenses needed for medical attention following the accident. In some cases, the injuries suffered are severe and may require prolonged medical care.
- Lost Wages: Extensive injuries suffered may disable a person’s profession or their ability to work permanently or temporarily. In such cases, the victim is legally presented with due compensation for their wages from the moment of the injury to the termination of the litigation.
- Earning Capacity Loss: If the victim’s inability to earn a living following the accident is established, then the person can be awarded compensation. In this case, aside from considering the victim’s past wages, the amount of money that the victim would have obtained had the car accident not taken place is also established.
- Suffering and Physical Pain: Damages for the physical injuries suffered during the crash. The degree of injuries, their nature, the severity of pain, and the time span the victim would have to suffer their injuries are all factored into calculating the indemnity.
- Mental Anguish: Compensation can also be given for the emotional and mental pain incurred during the truck accident. Damages for worry, grief, nervousness, humiliation, fright, and other mental distresses are sought as recoveries.
- Consortium Loss: A successful truck accident lawsuit can award an uninjured spouse compensation for nuptial benefits loss, which includes loss of comfort, sexual relations, and affections.
In instances where the actions of the defendant are deemed to be malicious, deliberate, or willful in causing injury to the plaintiff, the victim may be fined.
If a truck accident has injured you or if a loved one has been involved in an accident in Ennis or anywhere in Texas, you can contact us before the time limit runs out. Our truck accident attorneys will discuss your case with you, free of charge, and walk you through your legal rights.
An Ennis Injury Lawyer Can Get Justice for Your Loved One with a Wrongful Death Action
In a wrongful death claim, the family of someone who died due to the negligence of another can seek just compensation.
Thus, a wrongful death lawsuit attempts to recover damages for the harms endured by the living family or descendants due to the loss of a loved one. Our wrongful death attorneys in Ennis want to reduce the financial stress that the surviving members of the departed have to endure and bring them justice.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Brain Injury Attorney Serving Ennis Can Take Your Case if You’ve Suffered a TBI
Traumatic brain injuries, also known as TBIs, can leave a victim in a temporarily or permanently disabled state. A person who has suffered this type of physical damage, either through a blow to the head, loss of oxygen, or a penetrating head injury, is also likely to experience disruptions in their normal cognitive function. If you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury, your ability to perform physical tasks is probably impaired as well.
You may never return to your former state, but one of our personal injury attorneys serving Ennis, TX, can help you recover the money you need to afford necessary surgical procedures, long-term care, and other essential expenses. Our legal team would like to help you hold the person who caused your injuries accountable for their negligent actions.
Our Ennis, Texas Personal Injury Lawyers Take Industrial & Construction Accident Cases
Construction and Industrial accidents can occur on account of poor training, below-average working standards, faulty equipment, and more.
In a workplace, the general contractor and subcontractor are responsible for any injuries that occur to a worker, owing to a lack of safety and protection. Additionally, equipment manufacturers can also be held responsible for faulty designs and machinery failures.
If you are a victim of workplace injury, you can claim compensation for the harm you endured. Clay Jenkins & Associates, Ennis, Ellis County, will help you clear any doubts you may have concerning your personal injury case and assist you in filing a claim or lawsuit against those responsible.
Our personal injury attorneys have been covering such cases for a long time, and they have the resources to help you fight for your rightful financial benefits. Our personal injury lawyers in Ennis will help you obtain damages for medical expenses, loss of paychecks, recovery costs, etc.
Our Product Liability Lawyers Serving Ennis, Ellis County
If you or a loved one suffered harm due to a dangerous or faulty product, you may be entitled to recover compensation from the company responsible. Consumer, industrial, and medical products may be subject to product liability claims if at least one of the following was found to cause harm to users:
- An error in design
- An error in manufacturing
- An error or omission in marketing
In a product liability case, you may be able to hold the following parties responsible:
- Shipment company
Regardless of the liable party, our product liability attorneys can help you build a strong case to support your financial claim.
Ennis Premises Liability Lawyers, Ellis County
Premises liability cases are registered when a person is wounded in places like markets, construction sites, streets, or even at home because of another person’s negligence. Even though a person injured on another person’s property can file a lawsuit against the landowner, the complainant may want to consider a personal injury attorney to cover the case, as proceedings can be quite taxing for them.
At Clay Jenkins & Associates, Ennis, Ellis County, our personal injury lawyers have years of experience in premises liability cases. They can furnish you with legal advice, educate you on your rights, and demonstrate the case to receive proper damages.
Generally, an Ennis property owner can be charged with negligence only if the complainant can demonstrate the following:
- The surroundings of the premises made an unreasonable risk
- The landowner had knowledge of the danger
- Failure of the landowner to employ safety procedures to protect the victim, warn the victim before danger, or apply protective measures to prevent risk to the victim.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of premises liability, then contact our personal injury attorneys by phone or complete our form online to discuss your case for free.
Dog Bites Attorneys, Ennis, Ellis County
Animals, including domesticated ones, can be unpredictable. Even in situations where an animal might seem meek, you may find yourself cornered in a dangerous attack.
A pet dog may seem endearing and cute, but sometimes they act out. If you were bitten by a dog, an injury attorney at our firm serving Ennis can fight for your right to compensation. Our hope is to get justice for our clients and protect others from unanticipated animal bites in the future by holding negligent dog owners and handlers accountable.
Our dog bite injury attorneys in Ennis can help victims negotiate a settlement with the animal owner’s lawyer or insurance company.
Damages can be recovered for the below situations:
- The dog owner ignored Texas dangerous dog laws
- Intentionally allowed or encouraged the vicious dog attack
- The dog owner neglected to warn or otherwise protect others from his violent dog
A negligent property owner who failed to prevent harm to others on his property by warning of the dog, enforcing animal safety laws on his property, removing the owner of the vicious dog, or repairing security structures that allowed the dog to escape.
Clay Jenkins & Associates Injury Lawyers Will Take Your Case on a Contingency Fee Basis
Clay Jenkins & Associates handles a wide range of personal injury cases. Our law firm serving Ennis will put in the hard work to build a case that demands the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses at the hands of someone else.
We have been dedicated to seeking justice for our clients for over 70 years. Let an Ennis personal injury attorney help you today. Call us today for a free consultation.
Call or text (972) 938-1234 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form